I have finally completed inking this piece of a female Allen's hummingbird(selasphorus sasin) and Flowering Currant(ribes sanguineum). My intention had been to switch to line-work for the branching structure and flowers, but I changed my mind and continued on in stippling- not sure why it just felt right! I will now be adding translucent watercolour, which will intensify the detail of the ink and allow for subtle changes of light in the texture of the leaves. Since you folks seemed to enjoy the last little video of the inking process I will make another of me painting a bit.
Finally finished inking
Leave a Reply.